Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Photoshop Assignment

For this project we had to take an original photo of ourselves and put it in a photo of a place where we have never been. I decided to take a picture of my boyfriend Shaheen and I that was taken outside and put us in front of the "Love" statue in Pennsylvania.


First, I used the Magnetic Lasso tool to select the part of the first image as best as possible. After selecting it, I cut my boyfriend and I out of the photo above and put it on top of the background layer below.


The color contrast looked very weird at first, so I had to play around with the brightness and color of the original photo to match the background as best as possible. Then I took the eraser tool and slowly went around the picture of us to eliminate this "white glow" around us and create some holes in between my hair to make the original background of the first photo completely go away. After perfecting that, I had to resize us down a lot. It was hard to see how big we should be because I wanted us to look proportionate to the picture. I don't know how big the love sign is in person, but I based it off of how large the pillars on the side of it were and sized us close to that.

I then still wasn't satisfied with the color, so I tweaked it a little more until I came up with the photo above. This is my first time working with photoshop so I was just getting used to the tools in the program. I thought it turned out pretty realistic, but I'm my own worst critic so I think I still need some more practice.


No comments:

Post a Comment