Monday, April 8, 2013

Brush Graphic


For this project, we had to create a graphic with different kinds of brush strokes. I'm not very artistic when it comes to painting, so I had a hard time creating a very realistic looking painting but I did use a bunch of different brush styles to give the picture the different effects. I used the image above to replicate my graphic after. I got the colors of the ocean and the tree from the eye dropper tool from the original image. I liked using this because I could get the exact colors in the ocean and they blended well together. For the water, I used a "water" effect brush tool and for the sand I chose to use more of a grainy brush. I used two different brush strokes with different colors to give the tree trunk a more 3D effect. And for the palm tree branches, I used a brush that looked like grass and used all different color greens that blended nicely together. I used the eclipse tool for the sun and gave it a bright yellow color and added a radial blur to it because it went well with the rest of the photo. This isn't my best work, but I think that I got a lot of practice using the different brushes and did pretty well for creating a graphic from scratch.

No comments:

Post a Comment