Monday, March 18, 2013

Exquisite Corpse

This project reminded me of coloring in a coloring book, which I always enjoyed. The idea that I was tracing the image and creating a picture and coloring it in was fun because I was creating the actual image that would be in a coloring book. This assignment was a little more difficult than the logo one because there was a lot more detail that you had to be careful about when outlining the image. I'm just starting to get used to Adobe Illustrator so this project helped me out a lot. It helped to think as the image and put it into shapes and layer each one on top of the other. The layering of the images gets confusing at times for me, but eventually I was able to figure it out. The tool I used the most was the pen tool. I find this the easiest to use because I can create the curves that I want to trace along the graphic. I tried using the pencil tool for some of the details, like the hat for example, but that can make the graphic look a little wobbly so it's important to only use the pencil tool when you want it to look unique and give it a 'natural' effect. I think that my exquisite corpse turned out pretty good, I do have to get used to the tools more though. I like the pathways tool where you can divide the sections and delete certain shapes as you go along. I also tried to make the colors bright and work well with each other.



No comments:

Post a Comment